Long weekend and we went for a walk around St James Cemetery
Him: I used to walk around Rosedale Valley Road and randomly stumbled here
Me: Me too!
There is nothing more romantic than graveyards in the spring. The memories of others, the scent of lilac and, going down a flight of stairs, a sense of hanami (花見)
In STL last Sunday so celebrated mother’s day this long weekend. Mostly according to plan but I couldn’t find any plums anywhere. Apricot with an extra touch of rice vinegar seemed to do the job.
Walking to Tsujiri to pick up the matcha desserts, he said: look, maple keys. Indeed, bright tulips floating on a sea of maple keys.
1. He shared this picture with me
Him: Looks at the cute owls
Me: Why do you think they are owls?
2. Discussing Big Salt with Blair @ Taverna Mercatto; maybe South Core is okay after all!
3. Watching Big Chill (his mum’s fav movie): I often wonder whether I am more honest with friends made recently or friends I’ve known for decades; it’s probably easier to question the here and the now with old friends since we have a common frame of reference; at the same time perhaps we feel compelled to be consistent with the person we once were
4. Coffee with Tanya @ Crafted by Te Aro followed by
5. Ava Roth @ Loop Gallery followed by
6. Walking along Bloor Street like we used to
Pinterest is killing off its ‘Like’ button and I think this is the best idea ever. I was thinking of liking Teresa’s Pin. Instead, I will blog it!
When I think of Chinese design, I think of mottled shades of brown and gray with a touch of red. Less stylized than Japanese design but more comforting. Yet most places in China these days is a mess of color a la Times Square. This Pin gives me hope that Chinese design will return to its roots.
i++ brunch with Audrey featuring croissants (Petit Thuet), kiwi berries (Harvest Wagon) and Sharon’s crepes
i++ beet ravioli @ Tutti Matti with Kathy + her mum
i++ malbec @ Table Three in STL with TO GFS Team
i++ latte @ Perfectly Uncomplicated Latte
i++ puer tasting @ Crimson Tea with Tanya
i++ eucalyptus shampoo @ BRIKA
Maybe not traveling is not a realistic resolution for me. Maybe I can constrain myself to the thirty countries that I’ve been?
1. Not visiting Gabon to swim with surfing hippos
2. Not visiting Pakistan to drive the Karakoram Highway (see above)
3. Not visiting Spain to see The Alhambra
4. Not visiting Denmark to walk the Aarhus Art Museum
5. Not visiting Sweden to stay at the Nordic Watercolor Museum
So where will I go?
5. Will visit Italy to stay at the Geisler Hut
4. Will visit Japan to walk the Kumano Kodo
3. Will visit China to check out design spaces in Shanghai (see below)
2. Will visit US to eat BBQ at Hemingway South Carolina
1. Will visit Canada to hike Newfoundland
i++ time to replace holiday deco with daruma deco
i++ Kathy and her mum are visiting from Shanghai and he is doing some last minute cleaning
Him: It’s not minimalist to have both liquid and solid soap
i++ coffee date @ Versus; maybe will try espresso + tiramisu ice cream in the summer