- Cerviche dinner on magical patio at Surfish; love the treatment of corn; variations on a theme
- Got my library card at Brooklyn Art Library
- Mast Brothers Chocolate (just wow and I’m not talking about the packaging)
- MoMath brings back memories of afternoons playing with tangram (七巧板)
- Uploaded all the pictures from Prospect Park; really like this one of this girl; actually there were two girls and it reminded me of divisadero
136: It’s like a villanelle, this inclination of going back to events in our past, the way the villanelle’s form refuses to move forward in linear development, circling instead at those familiar moments of emotion. Only the rereading counts, Nabokov said. // We live with those retrievals from childhood that coalesce and echo throughout our lives, the way shattered pieces of glass in a kaleidoscope reappear in new forms and are songlike in their refrains and rhymes, making up a single monologue. We live permanently in the recurrence of our own stories, whatever story we tell.