- fabric the color and texture of travertine
- joyful trees in liverpool
- Liz Diller to speak at Daniels (faculty of architecture, landscape, and design)
(images from cecilehouse.com)
Have had many amazing tasting trips to Niagara on the Lake over the years (2006 / 2008 / 2010 / 2011) but this is easily the best
- Mild winter not the best for harvesting frozen grapes but perfect for amble through the vines
- cecile’s house is impeccable from chocolate bread to bathroom tile
- Not impressed by Sand and Gravel in fact me thinks Ravine is more style than substance but discovered southbrook which has great style and great substance
- cattail creek was my favorite: 2008 Select Late Harvest Meritage + Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Crunch
- amazing osso bucco at epicurean accompanied by white bean cassoulet and wild mushrooms
- rhubarb pickle is perfect with pork or field greens
- One thing I stopped doing when I started traveling for work is bringing leftover shampoo home. But cannot not bring L’Occitane home!
- Dinner with dad at le paradis. I love the open kitchen but we sat in the third (quieter more intimate) room, enjoying duck confit and conversation.
- Weekend of wine and choco with Sharon & Carl. I’m interested in: 2008 Sauvignon Blanc + Chocolat au Herbes de Provence @ Stratus; 2008 Pinot Noir + Caramalized Pine Nuts & Dark Chocolate Square @ Reif; 2010 Sand and Gravel Cabernet Franc + Salted Pretzels Dipped in Milk Chocolate @ Ravine
My relationships tend to start in the spring and end in the fall (very agricultural i know). Hence, this is only my third (maybe fourth) v-day not being single. Nevertheless, I find headlines like “Remarkable Women Making Single Sensational” ridiculous!!!
Sarah Rosen, Power Publicist: “I’d say the one thing I like most about being single is having the time to work as hard as I do, spend the extra hours doing research, going to all events, conferences or trips that interest me.”
Kelly Framel, Blogger and Stylist: her dream date is someone who can, in her words, “understand my crazy schedule! But ultimately, someone I can learn and collaborate and grow with; someone equally curious who can help me keep things interesting.”