- for once it felt like February. we grabbed starbucks to warm up the walk to the barns. the music was most definitely worth the chill.
- quartet of heart and breath was a bit too abstract but nevertheless very interesting, musicians using stethoscopes to monitor heartbeat/breath and control the tempo
- Rose Bolton’s coming of sobs
- Bruckner’s string quintet in F major
- “For nearly a decade, amateur photographer Tsuneaki Hiramatsu spent his summer evenings in the forests outside Niimi, in Japan’s Okayama prefecture. He was intent on capturing the spectacle of firefly mating season”
- Two hours at yorkdale: got angora sweater (on sale for $30) from French connection & hoping it comes from a French angora bunny; he got shirt from armani exchange
- Vietnamese noodle lunch with Zack; he took some super nicely scented tea from his dad for me
- Sushi lunch with Neil; wow sushi is wow
I still plan to live along the subway line for the rest of my life but driving makes traveling independently much simpler. So Vendy is finally learning to drive this year. The motivation … Iceland road trip!
Next Step: Read the Official MTO Driver’s Handbook & take the written test at Downsview Park (yes this is next to a subway station)
- Alice Rosignoli for Ligne Roset wardrobe concept (better display than randomly draping over furniture)
- separate spaces without introducing (too many) solid walls
(images from cecilehouse.com)
- Mild winter not the best for harvesting frozen grapes but perfect for amble through the vines
- cecile’s house is impeccable from chocolate bread to bathroom tile
- Not impressed by Sand and Gravel in fact me thinks Ravine is more style than substance but discovered southbrook which has great style and great substance
- cattail creek was my favorite: 2008 Select Late Harvest Meritage + Dark Chocolate Butterscotch Crunch
- amazing osso bucco at epicurean accompanied by white bean cassoulet and wild mushrooms
- rhubarb pickle is perfect with pork or field greens
- One thing I stopped doing when I started traveling for work is bringing leftover shampoo home. But cannot not bring L’Occitane home!
- Dinner with dad at le paradis. I love the open kitchen but we sat in the third (quieter more intimate) room, enjoying duck confit and conversation.
- Weekend of wine and choco with Sharon & Carl. I’m interested in: 2008 Sauvignon Blanc + Chocolat au Herbes de Provence @ Stratus; 2008 Pinot Noir + Caramalized Pine Nuts & Dark Chocolate Square @ Reif; 2010 Sand and Gravel Cabernet Franc + Salted Pretzels Dipped in Milk Chocolate @ Ravine