1. He shared this picture with me
Him: Looks at the cute owls
Me: Why do you think they are owls?
2. Discussing Big Salt with Blair @ Taverna Mercatto; maybe South Core is okay after all!
3. Watching Big Chill (his mum’s fav movie): I often wonder whether I am more honest with friends made recently or friends I’ve known for decades; it’s probably easier to question the here and the now with old friends since we have a common frame of reference; at the same time perhaps we feel compelled to be consistent with the person we once were
4. Coffee with Tanya @ Crafted by Te Aro followed by
5. Ava Roth @ Loop Gallery followed by
6. Walking along Bloor Street like we used to
i++ brunch with Audrey featuring croissants (Petit Thuet), kiwi berries (Harvest Wagon) and Sharon’s crepes
i++ beet ravioli @ Tutti Matti with Kathy + her mum
i++ malbec @ Table Three in STL with TO GFS Team
i++ latte @ Perfectly Uncomplicated Latte
i++ puer tasting @ Crimson Tea with Tanya
i++ eucalyptus shampoo @ BRIKA
i++ time to replace holiday deco with daruma deco
i++ Kathy and her mum are visiting from Shanghai and he is doing some last minute cleaning
Him: It’s not minimalist to have both liquid and solid soap
i++ coffee date @ Versus; maybe will try espresso + tiramisu ice cream in the summer
i++ Sipping cortado on the patio @ Fika (spring has sprung so we ventured a little further for our coffee date)
i++ Gobbling chocolate cake @ Blackbird Baking Co
i++ First ever building geometry date; he took the first one and I took the second one
1. Hon-Maguro Akami Wasabi-Ae @ Nami**: Blue fin tuna Akami diced and marinated with pickled wasabi leaves, hon-wasabi and house made *Tosa soy sauce topped with shredded Yamaimo (Japanese sticky yam) and Nori seaweed.
2. Americano @ Ebar: Watching the Nordstrom crowd
3. Villa Sandi Prosecco
4. New sweater for him (Bay Giving Day)
5. New sweater for me
Me: You haven’t washed my sheep sweater
Him: My Club Monaco sweater shrank so you can have it
** For a second, I thought: I need to revisit Japan ASAP. On second thought, the fact that I can eat this in Toronto means I don’t really need to revisit Japan ASAP.
i++ meetup with Denise @ EAT BKK (amazing pad ka prao)
i++ watching parents watching their kids running around customs officers while renewing nexus @ YYZ
i++ STL meetup @ Blueberry Hill
i++ another great appmt @ Richmond Dental
i++ coffee date @ Boxcar Social
i++ coffee date @ Thor
This holiday season, we visited his parents (and walked along the icy Georgian Trail). We visited my parents and progressed through my dad’s DVD collection.
Bullets over Broadway was quite hilarious. Gattaca fulfilled his need for Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and my need to watch my favorite movies over and over again. We watched the meticulous cleaning of glass at Neo. Always great coffee.
I picked up chicken liver at Chinatown. I also picked up some cute cards at Type Books.
Walking through Crown Flora + Greenhouse Juice Co
Me: Should we buy a plant for the bedroom?
Him: We should get rid of something first