Hot Pot Party with Sariphen (Sari + Stephen) and Benise (Benny + Denise) and we talked about Marshall Goldsmith’s “What Got You Here Won’t Get You There”, a book that Stephen gifted us a few years ago.
The following were identified as potential areas for improvement for me
1. Winning too much
2. Adding too much value
3. Passing judgment
And I have decided to work on #2 (adding too much value). James said he is used to #1 (i.e. my constant attempt to optimize things that may not need to be optimized). James also said the main manifestation of #3 for me is #2 (i.e. I judge other people by telling them that my way is better).
James is going to help me track this using my new calendar from The Regional Assembly of Text.
A few weeks ago, he explained his development plan to me.
Yesterday, he talked about it again. And it sounded completely different.
Me being me, I proceeded to grill him on why it changed.
In retrospect, it’s probably better to live & let live.
Either way, probably not the end of the world.
– ENTJ being too critical and blunt
– INFJ being vague/unclear about what they want
– ENTJ not listening to extroverted feeling because it’s their blindspot
– INFJ being too sensitive to criticism, or holding back part of themselves
– ENTJ forgetting to show acts of thoughtfulness and appreciation every once in a while, because of being too caught up in their work (INFJs need to know they’re loved)
– INFJ having expectations that are too high or too idealistic