1. He shared this picture with me
Him: Looks at the cute owls
Me: Why do you think they are owls?
2. Discussing Big Salt with Blair @ Taverna Mercatto; maybe South Core is okay after all!
3. Watching Big Chill (his mum’s fav movie): I often wonder whether I am more honest with friends made recently or friends I’ve known for decades; it’s probably easier to question the here and the now with old friends since we have a common frame of reference; at the same time perhaps we feel compelled to be consistent with the person we once were
4. Coffee with Tanya @ Crafted by Te Aro followed by
5. Ava Roth @ Loop Gallery followed by
6. Walking along Bloor Street like we used to
i++ brunch with Audrey featuring croissants (Petit Thuet), kiwi berries (Harvest Wagon) and Sharon’s crepes
i++ beet ravioli @ Tutti Matti with Kathy + her mum
i++ malbec @ Table Three in STL with TO GFS Team
i++ latte @ Perfectly Uncomplicated Latte
i++ puer tasting @ Crimson Tea with Tanya
i++ eucalyptus shampoo @ BRIKA
I have uploaded all my photos from the mosel valley, home of the steepest vineyards in Europe.
River view @ Haus Burgfrieden (our train was delayed! delayed train in Germany, how is this possible, we asked the owner; this train is always delayed, says the owner)
Hirschgulasch mit Pfifferlingen @ Dazert (there are many German words for beef, he says) (my filet mit Senfrahmsauce was delicious as well)
Cheese for Dinner @ Alte Gutschanke
Pickled Cherry Dessert @ Gaststatte Noss
Bicycle rental @ Schalt Werk (we got regular bike but ebike only EUR 20 per day)
Riesling tasting @ Stephan Treis and Franzen (picture above from Neef)
Interesting semi sweet red wine @ Peter Mentges
Lye roll @ Diewald supermarket
1. Hon-Maguro Akami Wasabi-Ae @ Nami**: Blue fin tuna Akami diced and marinated with pickled wasabi leaves, hon-wasabi and house made *Tosa soy sauce topped with shredded Yamaimo (Japanese sticky yam) and Nori seaweed.
2. Americano @ Ebar: Watching the Nordstrom crowd
3. Villa Sandi Prosecco
4. New sweater for him (Bay Giving Day)
5. New sweater for me
Me: You haven’t washed my sheep sweater
Him: My Club Monaco sweater shrank so you can have it
** For a second, I thought: I need to revisit Japan ASAP. On second thought, the fact that I can eat this in Toronto means I don’t really need to revisit Japan ASAP.
He says that I plan too much. Well … today’s plan was deferred so we random walked through the city.
Along Yonge, he says: Look at the windows
At Nordstrom, he says: Look at the lights
Me: Snap Snap
i++ fried green tomato ham sandwich @ Wickson Social (fries replaced by delish mushrooms)
i++ new underwear @ Uniqlo
i++ snow falling
i++ meetup with Denise @ EAT BKK (amazing pad ka prao)
i++ watching parents watching their kids running around customs officers while renewing nexus @ YYZ
i++ STL meetup @ Blueberry Hill
i++ another great appmt @ Richmond Dental
i++ coffee date @ Boxcar Social
i++ coffee date @ Thor
1. Had to work both days this weekend but it was nice watching the snow from TD center
2. Met up with Tanya for chai at simit & chai
3. His parents got some blood orange olive oil at Collingwood Olive Oil Co and it’s amazing with arugula
4. Lunch with Lisa @ new downtown location of Forno Cultura
5. Lunch with AJ @ Pizzeria Libretto on University: “turning every stone in the universe”