1. Perhaps because I used to be one of those people that want to live in different places, I always wonder how different I would be if I lived elsewhere. Although living in Paris was a dream of mine, I’m not sure I would be particularly different in Paris. One place that really feels like it would make me different is New Orleans. I can’t help but constantly look up at the spanish moss and the constant looking up makes me feel dizzy and surreal. This morning, he says: Can you get more muffaletta spread? Please and thank you.
2. After my intriguing encounter with birthday cake tea, I’ve been wanting to visit David’s Tea. For his birthday, I got earl grey rooibos + la la lemon black tea.
3. Until he moved in, I never owned a zester. Yes, it was a lot of work. Now that I have encountered a zester, I need a really good one and was presented with six options at William Sonoma.
4. Overdosed on dark choco cereal and now in love with overnight oat
5. Just now in the elevator
Stranger: Grated parmesan? Really?
Me: If it weren’t grated, my husband would eat it all
We usually celebrate v-day on Feb 13 at Take Sushi. This year, as we walked along Front street at 6 pm, we realized that Take Sushi is closed!
Wandering around when temperature outside is zero fahrenheit did not appeal, so we opted for Ki. I’ve always enjoyed food there but I don’t usually go there for non-work stuff because the ambiance is kinda corporatey. I couldn’t order matcha because the dessert chef stole all the powder for the dessert on the v-day menu.
Nevertheless, it was a lovely meal.
- Hamachi with fresh ginger (the best part is the hidden shiso leaf)
- Maple-tamari binnaga (his favorite)
- Ceviche wasn’t that great but it reminded me how much I love amaebi so I ordered some amaebi nigiri
- Spicy scallop + asparagus
- Tako with cucumber and japanese pepper (really refreshing and perfect transition to dessert)
- Choco truffle cake with burnt miso (uummammiii)